This information is not a source of law. We have taken all reasonable care to ensure that it complies with the applicable regulations. However, it should be borne in mind that it concerns typical cases that may occur frequently and may not fully address individual cases. The number and type of documents that the administrationmay request in the course of the proceedings may differ from those given depending on the specific case. If you have any further questions, please contact the competent authority to hear the individual case, read the law yourself or report to our Law Firm.

Who can apply for a uniform temporary residence and work permit?

·         Foreigners intending to take or continue to work in The Territory of Poland if the stay of an alien in the territory of the Republic of Poland is to last more than 3 months;

·         Aliens intending to take up or continue work consisting in acting on the board of a public limited liability company or a z.o.o. company whose shares the alien does not hold and the entity he manages or manages meets the relevant requirements.

A temporary residence permit is granted for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the stay of the alien in Poland over 3 months to 3 years,with the possibility of applying for further permits.

Documents needed

1. Completed in accordance with the instruction, the application form for temporary residence permit ;
Note: The application must be additionally accompanied by Annex 1, which shall be completed by the entity entrusting the performance of the work to the alien (the employer of the alien);

2. Four current photographs ;

3. A photocopy of a valid travel document (original for inspection) may, in a particularly justified case where the alien does not have a valid travel document and is not in a way of obtaining it, may produce another document confirming his identity;

4. Information of the old town competent for the main place of work by the alien of the inability to meet the employer’s staffing needs on the basis of the registers of unemployed and jobseekers or on the negative outcome of recruitment organised for the employer;

5. If the conditions for exemption from the obligation to hold a work permit are met, a document confirming that those conditions have been met (e.g. Pole card, diploma of completion of stationary studies at a Polish university);

6. Proof of possession of the place of residence provided (e.g. check-in certificate, rental agreement of the apartment, other contract enabling the possession of a dwelling, or a declaration of the person entitled to wield the dwelling of the provision of a place of residence);

7. a certificate of work from the last employer (where the alien had previously worked with another employer);

8. documents to certify a stable and regular sufficient income to cover the cost of living yourself and dependent family members (for a single person – in the amount of more than PLN 701 net per month, for a person in the family – in the amount of more than PLN 528 net per month), e.g. PIT statements of the amount of income earned for the last tax year or the relevant CERTIFICATE from the ZUS;

9. documents confirming the possession of health insurance within the meaning of the Act of 27 August 2004 on publicly funded health care benefits or confirmation of the insurer’s coverage of medical expenses in the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. relevant ZUS certificate, insurance policy).

Fees relating to the granting of authorisation

Temporary residence permit and work for the employee:

Stamp duty: 440 PLN

Fee for issuing a residence card: 50 PLN

Temporary residence permit and work for an alien acting on the board of directors of a z.o.o. company or a public limited company whose shares are not held: PLN 340

Fee for issuing a residence card: 50 PLN

The voivode refuses to initiate proceedings for the granting of a temporary residence permit and work when the alien:

  1. is a posted worker for a limited period of time by an employer established outside Poland – for the entire posting period (in the case of posting, the alien should apply for a temporary residence permit in order to work before an alien delegated by a foreign employer to Poland; information on such a residence permit is available below),
  2. entered Poland on the basis of obligations laid down in international agreements concerning the facilitation of the entry and temporary residence of certain categories of natural persons involved in exchanges or investments,
  3. conducts business in Poland,
  4. resides in the territory of the Republic of Poland for the purpose of carrying out seasonal work.

An alien residing in Poland on the basis of a temporary residence permit and work is obliged to notify in writing the governor competent for the place of his current stay of loss of employment with any of the employers mentioned in the decision to issue a temporary residence and work permit within 15 working days of its loss!

At the request of the alien, the residence and work permit may at any time be changed by the governor competent for the place of residence of the alien, if the alien intends to perform work with another employer or under conditions other than those specified in the decision to issue a temporary residence and work permit.